Mar 13, 20202020 National Ag Day events in Washington, D.C., cancelled
Due to government closures and in an abundance of caution and concern due to COVID-19, Ag Day events in Washington, DC are officially cancelled. Events include:
- Celebration of Agriculture on the National Mall
- Proclamation Event at USDA
- Celebration of Ag Reception
- Collegiate Hill Visits
March 24 will still be proclaimed National Ag Day and there are tools available for social media, print, radio and TV. Visit https://www.agday.org/promote to access tools and more information.
National Ag Day is organized by the Agriculture Council of America. The ACA is a nonprofit organization composed of leaders in the agricultural, food and fiber community, dedicating its efforts to increasing the public’s awareness of agriculture’s role in modern society.
The National Ag Day program encourages every American to:
• Understand how food and fiber products are produced
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products
• ]Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy
- Acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food and fiber industry
Visit www.agday.org for more information.