Dec 13, 2018Additions made to Washington Apple Commission board
The Washington Apple Commission has two new members and three reappointed members on its board of directors.
The commissioners, who were elected for a three-year term, are:
- Jorge Sanchez – Dealer, Position 1
- Miles Kohl – Dealer, Position 2
- Dave Robison (reappointed) – Grower, District 1
- Michael Roche (reappointed) – Grower, District 2
- West Mathison (reappointed) – Grower, District 3
“It is a pleasure to have three returning board members. Their experience and dedication bring immeasurable value to the table,” Todd Fryhover, Washington Apple Commission president said. “I am confident Jorge Sanchez and Miles Kohl will serve the board well with their knowledge and commitment to the success of the Washington apple industry.”
Mark Zirkle and Greg Clevenger are concluding their long-time roles ascommissioners. Zirkle was on the board of directors for 12 years and Greg Clevenger for nine years. Both commissioners received the Golden Apple Award from the Washington Apple Commission for their terms.
Other members on the commission are:
- Mark Stennes – Grower, District 1
- Cass Gebbers – Grower, District 1
- Jim Thomas – Grower, District 3
- James Foreman – Grower, District 2
- David Douglas – Grower, District 2
- Jon Alegria – Grower, District 2
- Bob Mast – Dealer, District 1
- Frank Davis – Dealer, District 2
- James Nelson – WSDA Representative
It is the mission of the Washington Apple Commission to serve the Washington apple industry by increasing consumer demand through innovative marketing and promotions in international markets.