Jul 24, 2013Hort center open house scheduled for Aug. 22
The NW Michigan Horticultural Research Center’s annual open house is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 22.
This year, in addition to an equipment show, the annual wine tasting and dinner, the open house will include a Michigan State University Town Hall meeting with Fred Poston, dean of MSU’s ag college, Doug Buhler, director of MSU AgBioResearch, Tom Coon, director of MSU Extension, Kelly Millenbah, an associate dean, and Mark Burnham, MSU vice president for governmental affairs.
The proposed schedule for the day is as follows:
- 1 – Grounds open to exhibit area
- 1-3 – MSU Town hall meeting
- 3-4:30 – Wagon tours featuring MSU specialists
- 4:30-5:30 – Meet with the equipment vendors
- 5:30-6:15 – Social hour
- 6:15 – Dinner and Leelanau Horticultural Society annual meeting
To reserve or purchase a dinner ticket, call 231-256-9888 or email Annette. Ticket cost is $10 per person.