Feb 8, 2022Illinois plans 2022 Live Local: Food & Farmers Market Conference
Illinois Farm Bureau (IFB), in partnership with the Illinois Farmers Market Association (IFMA), will host the 2022 Live Local: Food & Farmers Market Conference on March 23-24 at the Embassy Suites in East Peoria, Illinois.
The two-day conference will bring local farmers, local organizations, and local businesses together. The conference will highlight Illinois’ local food systems from farms to consumers. Attendees will have the opportunities to connect, learn, and plan for the future.
- Exclusive networking opportunities within the Illinois’ local food systems.
- Connect with and gather resources from various organizations hosting exhibitor tables throughout the event.
- Choose from four breakout session topics: financials and risk management, marketing and communications, market opportunities and technology.
- Taste local foods.
- Discover how the state is helping to create programs and grants that will create an equitable sustainable local food system.
- Participate in engaging keynote sessions from organizations and businesses across the value chain that are helping to build strong united communities.
- Register to attend the FSMA Produce Safety Class. Certification and manual included in registration.
Conference cost includes two light breakfasts, two lunches, and appetizers at networking hour and snacks and beverages throughout each day. Meals will include locally sourced food from Peoria and additional central Illinois areas; participants can learn more about the farms and communities providing fresh food through sustainable food systems.
The value of the conference is networking and resources. This year Exhibiting is free but first-come, first-serve. To be an exhibitor, simply fill out the conference registration form and indicate that you would like to have a resource table. We ask that anyone attending and working the table register as an attendee to receive the complementary meals and networking. There is no additional costs or registration.
You are able to set-up your registration table Tuesday March 22 or the Morning of March 23. If you provide resources to Farmers Markets, we encourage you to table both on March 23 & 24. You must indicate your meal count on days you will be attending.
If you wish to be listed in the program you must register by Feb. 22. Final registration without program listing is March 10.