Jun 23, 2020Michigan State University plans blueberry pre-harvest webinar for June 29
Michigan State University (MSU)Extension and the MSU Extension Small Fruit Team are hosting a webinar with updates on issues related to the pre-harvest blueberry season.
Blueberry harvest is rapidly approaching, and some growers are facing challenges from spring frost effects on pollination and plant canopy development. Growers need to check their nutrient management programs and to review their controls for Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD). It is also time to prepare their fruit disease management program at harvest time.
The webinar agenda is:
- Harvest-time blueberry insect management — Rufus Isaacs, MSU Entomology
- Pre-harvest blueberry disease management — Timothy Miles, MSU Plant Pathology
- Monitoring nematode vectored viruses and management — Marisol Quintanilla-Tornel, Emilie Cole, MSU Entomology Nematology.
- Pre-harvest Weed Management — Sushila Chaudhari, MSU Horticulture
- Monitoring blueberry nutrients — Carlos Garcia-Salazar, MSU Extension
Growers attending this webinar will receive 3 Restricted Use Pesticide credits. This webinar is free of charge, but we ask growers to register online to receive the RUP credits.
Registration for 2020 Blueberry Pre-Harvest Webinar is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 29, 2020.