Apr 8, 2021Effects of drought, botryosphaeria fungi on permanent crops webinar topic
On April 21 (3-4 p.m.), Ben Faber, University of Cooperative Extension farm advisor in Ventura County will talk about Effects of Drought and Botryosphaeria Fungi on Permanent Crops.
Effects of drought are often confused with symptoms of botryosphaeria. Faber will be talking about symptoms and classification of botryosphaeria fungal diseases in avocado, citrus,and other perennial crops, the relationship between drought and botryosphaeria fungi, the difficulty of controlling botryosphaeria with chemicals, and mitigating drought effects and preventing botryosphaeria with horticultural controls.
One CCA CE unit (IPM) and one WCISA CE unit were requested. Register here.
UCCE Ventura also will present a half-day webinar on Fumigants and Non-Fumigant Alternatives: Regulatory and Research updates, April 16, 8.30 a.m.–11.30 a.m. PST
- Regulatory Updates for Berry Growers in Ventura County. Blanca Enriquez-Pratt, Ventura County Senior Ag. Inspector
- Site-specific variable rate fumigation project update. Alex Putman, UCR
- Progress in steam application technology for soil pest control. Steve Fennimore, UC Davis- Salinas.
- Progress in Anaerobic Soil Disinfestation (ASD). Joji Muramoto, UC ANR.
- Strawberry variety responses to various levels of soil-borne pathogens. Oleg Daugovish, UC-ANR.
- Effect of soil fumigation on rhizosphere fungi and bacteria in strawberry. Shashika Hewavitharana, Gerald Holmes CalPoly-SLO.
- How can Healthy Soils Program in Ventura County benefit you? Nicki Anderson, UC ANR
2.5 DPR and CCA CEUs were approved. Register here.