Oct 2, 2020USHBC/NABC shows new brand and logo, presents awards
At the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council/North American Blueberry Council (NABC/USHBC) Virtual Conference & Expo held Sept. 28-Oct. 1 the organizations revealed a new brand identity that communicates each council’s individual role in a cohesive way.
The team aligned on what’s become referred to as “the kaleidoscope berry” treatment, with the brand line of “Inspiring Possibilities.”
With a full brand identity guidebook, including fonts, colors, patterns, photography and tone of voice guidance for copywriting, the new brand will play a critical role in clarifying and differentiating the roles of both councils moving forward. Blueberries: Inspiring Possibilities unifies all touchpoints and messaging across all USHBC and NABC programs.
- 96% liked the design and call to action – identifying with this message as relevant to them.
- In pre- and post-purchase intent measures, exposure to the logo and message increased consumers’ purchase intent for both fresh and frozen blueberries.
Stay tuned for more resources to be updated on the website soon.
Congratulations to the 20th USHBC Anniversary Award Winners!
The blueberry industry is truly a group of innovative thinkers and doers – from the field all the way to the consumer, and every link in between. On Wednesday at the NABC/USHBC Virtual Conference & Expo, USHBC presented 11 awards to individuals who have gone above and beyond in their respective fields, nominated by their peers and fellow stakeholders in the industry.
- Grower Innovation, Production: Rod Cook, Ag-View Consulting
- Grower Innovation, Sustainability: Tom Avinelis, Agriculture Capital
- Grower Innovation, Good Practices: Mike Makara, former chair, British Columbia Blueberry Council
- Grower Innovation, Community Involvement/Outreach: Lorrie Merker, MBG Marketing
- Marketing and Promotions for Consumers and Health Professionals: Kirk McCreary, former chair of the USHBC Promotion Committee and former MBG Marketing CEO
- Food Manufacturing/Advances in Blueberry Products: Joe Meduri, Meduri World Delights
- Frozen: John Shelford, Naturipe Farms
- Export/Global Community Relations: Bryan Sakuma, Sakuma Brothers Holding Company
- Merchandising/Retail: Darrell Piliego, Publix Super Markets
- Foodservice: Andrew Hunter, Chef Andrew Culinary Development
- Genetic Research and Breeding with Nursery Propagation: David Brazelton, Fall Creek Nursery