Jan 12, 2016UC Davis ‘Fruit Ripening’ workshop set for March 1-2
The workshop is intended for shippers and fruit handlers (wholesale and retail) and produce managers involved in handling and ripening fruits and fruit-vegetables.
Educational sessions will focus on how to ripen fruit and fruit-vegetables for fresh-cut processing and wholesale and retail sales. Topics during the two-day workshop include:
- Importance of ripening programs
- Ripening facilities and equipment
- Biology of ethylene production
- Sensory quality attributes and measurement
- Temperature management
- Retail displays and handling
- Tools to control ripening and senescence
- Designing/controlling a ripening program
Demonstrations will also be provided on sensory, quality measurements and environmental equipment.
For a full list of sessions and registration information, view the “Fruit Ripening and Ethylene Management” workshop brochure or contact Penny Stockdale, registration coordinator at 530-752-7672.