Aug 26, 2019Webinars to be offered by Organic Trade Association
From the Organic Trade Association, a retailing-geared webinar on the best labeling practices for organic non-food products will be held in August. A session on solutions to prevent organic fraud is on tap for October. A wrap-up on the fall meeting of the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) will be given in November, and the year closes with a legislative recap and look-ahead briefing.
Here is a rundown on what will be offered from now until the end of 2019 by the trade association. These webinars are complimentary for Organic Trade Association members, with a non-member registration fee of $149. All times are Eastern:
- Retail Intel: Best Labeling Practices for Organic Non-Food Products, August 29, 2-3 p.m. This webinar will explain the labeling landscape for non-food organic products.
- Organic Fraud Prevention Solutions, September 19, 2-3 p.m. This session updates on the trade association’s comprehensive Organic Fraud Prevention Solutions program and toolkit for the organic community.
- NOSB Wrap-Up, November 13, 1-2 p.m. A comprehensive briefing and wrap-up on the issues discussed at the National Organic Standards Board’s fall meeting will be provided.
- Legislative Watch: A Recap of 2019 Achievements, and a Look Ahead to 2020, December 12, 1-2 p.m. This webinar will review the important legislative advancements for organic in 2019, provide updates on Farm Bill implementation, child nutrition, continuous improvement in organic standards, and explore the 2020 legislative outlook and the upcoming election.
The following webinar in September organized by The Organic Center is open to all with no fee:
- The Organic Center Presents: The Biodiversity Calculator, a simple tool for tracking and managing biodiversity for NOP compliance, September 25, 2-3 p.m. This session will highlight a new farmer-friendly tool to aid farmers in technical decisions to increase on-farm biodiversity and comply with new guidance.
In addition, there will be three free webinars offered exclusively to current Organic Trade Association members. Topics are:
- Meet your Board of Directors, October 17, 2-3 p.m. Laura Batcha, CEO and Executive Director of the Organic Trade Association, will present a virtual follow-up to the trade association’s Annual Meeting, discuss the strategic priorities the Board has set for the organization and introduce the Board’s newest members.
- Getting the Most Out of Your Organic Trade Association Membership, November 21, 3-4 p.m. This webinar will introduce members to the people and programs of the trade association, to help them maximize their investment and position their businesses for success.
- Top 10 Organic Headlines of 2019, December 4, 2-3 p.m. This session will review the most compelling issues and discuss tips and resources for representing organic and a brand accurately in the media.
The Organic Trade Association offers throughout the year business-critical education in person through its All Things Organic conferences, its annual Policy Conference, and as keynote speakers and content providers at other industry events. The webinar series expands the association’s educational offerings to a convenient online format.