Mar 16, 2022Interpoma award to focus on water management in apple orchards
Interpoma, the only international trade show dedicated to apples, will return to the Fiera Bolzano Exhibition Center from Nov. 17-19 with an even greater focus on sustainability.
Innovative technologies that can be used to optimize water management at apple orchards, save water and improve fruit yields and quality, will be at the heart of the Interpoma Award 2022, the competition organized by Fiera Bolzano Exhibition Center in collaboration with the Science and Technology Faculty of the Free University of Bolzano and SOI, Società di Ortoflorofrutticoltura Italiana.
“Sustainability in agriculture is a challenge that concerns everyone,” said Thomas Mur, director of Fiera Bolzano Exhibition Center, in a press release. “We also want to do our part. Growing apples naturally requires water, but technology can now ensure that water consumption is as efficient as possible with solutions that could put the Italian apple-growing sector in the vanguard of this field.”
There will be two prizes within the Interpoma Award: one for companies or individuals and one for start-ups. The winners will be chosen based on the products and services they offer; for example, machinery, systems, components, and devices.
A jury of university professors, researchers and international experts will evaluate the competing innovations. In an initial phase, the jury members will carefully examine the information and data presented in the applications and will select a shortlist of candidates. A winner will then be chosen in each of the two categories, and the jury will be able to award up to four honorable mentions, two for each category.
The winners will be announced at Interpoma’s opening ceremony, to be held on the evening of Wednesday, Nov. 16, the day before the trade fair starts. Both winners of the Interpoma Award 2022 will receive a communication package prize worth 5,000 euros. Specifically, the communication package includes:
- a mention in the Interpoma Award official press release sent to an international database of specialist journalists all around the world,
- a professional video about the Interpoma Award to be released on Interpoma’s Facebook and YouTube channels,
- professional photographs of the winners, the award ceremony and the prizewinning products/services to be used in the activities of Interpoma’s press office,
- posts tagged to the winners on the social media channels of Fiera Bolzano Exhibition Center and Interpoma (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), and
- an article with photos published on the home page of Interpoma and Fiera Bolzano Exhibition Center’s websites.
To enter the competition, the completed application form in English must be sent to [email protected] by Sept. 30.
The conditions of participation and the form to be filled in can be found here: