Aug 2, 2022North American Plant Protection Organization approves new strategic plan
On July 13, the North American Plant Protection Organization (NAPPO) Executive Committee approved the new 5-year Strategic Plan (2022-2026). The new plan lays out the NAPPO mission statement, overarching challenges and opportunities and strategic goals for the next five years.
In an introduction letter, Executive Director Stephanie Bloem outlined NAPPO’s core strategic goals:
1. Protect all North American plant resources, including natural ecosystems, from the introduction
and spread of regulated plant pests;
2. Harmonize phytosanitary initiatives and activities designed to facilitate safe trade;
3. Promote and maintain active industry and stakeholder engagement in NAPPO activities;
4. Contribute leadership in the international phytosanitary community (including engagement with
the IPPC, RPPOs and other international organizations);
5. Promote and maintain the scientific and technical basis of NAPPO activities, and
6. Continue improving NAPPO communication and outreach.
You can view the new plan and letter of introduction on the NAPPO website.
For information on NAPPO initiatives and how APHIS is involved, contact PPQ’s NAPPO Technical Director Stephanie Dubon via email at [email protected].