To facilitate industry-wide adoption of this guidance, Western Growers has teamed up with experts from U.C. Davis, Rutgers University and Colorado State University to conduct a three-part webinar series addressing the practical implementation of COVID-19 prevention and control measures on produce farms and in facilities.
Western Growers is making the recordings of the first two webinars available for the benefit of the entire California agriculture industry. Click on the links below to access the first two webinar recordings:
Part One: Basics of COVID-19 Assessment and Control Plans
- Current COVID-19 state-of-play
- Key risk factors for produce operations
- How to develop an assessment and control plan
- Screening and monitoring workers
- What to do if a worker gets COVID-19, or has been exposed to COVID-19
Part Two: Assessment and Control Plans: Do’s and Don’ts
- Hierarchy of controls approach
- Engineering controls
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Administrative controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
The third and final webinar, which will focus on shared housing and transportation, will be held on July 9 at 11:a.m.
Please contact Cory Lunde at [email protected] or 949-370-8560 for access to any of the resources covered in the first two webinars, or for information on how to register for the final presentation in the Western Growers COVID-19 Webinar Series.