Mar 31, 2022Autonomous fruit harvesting system shown by Darwin, Tevel Aerobotics
Darwin wcdi (we can do it), a fruit harvesting platform creator, of Italy and Spain, and Tevel Aerobotics Technologies LTD, a developer of fruit harvesting robots, of Israel, have joined forces to create what it is calling the world’s first fully commercial integrated autonomous fruit harvesting system.
Yaniv Maor (Tevel) and Stefan Scharrer (Darwin), founders of both companies:
“We are combining our visions about the future of fruit harvesting mechanization by creating this innovative project of integration between FAR – Flying Autonomous Robots – and Tecnofruit, the go-to harvesting system in more than 30 countries.
“Thanks to the Israeli-Spanish-Italian working group, with broad experience, skills and knowledge it was possible to create the first robotic harvesting system ready to be used in the field.
“Using the current Darwin award-winning fruit harvester we can now combine Tecnofruit’s and Tevel’s technologies to create the world’s first fully automated fruit picking system.”
The benefits for you:
Control and performance measurement
- Real time information on quantity, quality, size, weight, and color of the fruit picked;
- Reporting of harvesting results: growers can protect their position in the marketing chain;
- Integration into smart farming processes
Performance boost and savings
- Labour & manpower cost reduction
- Gentle gathering of fruits by FAR consistently (without human interference); improvement of the fruit quality
- Careful conveying of fruits through our proven conveyor belt system into the bin
- Picking time reduction
- 24/7 working time
- Harvesting of fruit in the best ripening condition with consequent better cool storage conservation and better price
Support and experience
- Our experience will be at your disposal to choose in presales the right integrated FAR harvester
- Training and technical support: you will never be alone in the field
- Our expert team will be always on your side to support and optimize your crop, 24/7
- Software update and monitoring
Flexibility and simplification
- System has been proven on different kinds of fruit: apples, peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots
- Access to our system in different ways: purchase / rental / contractors
- “Bolt on” solution – upgrade your current Tecnofruit fruit picking harvesting system
- The robotic harvester and the traditional Tecnofruit can coexist in the same orchard
- Pruning, thinning and other field tasks that need to be automized (under development). You can always use the latest version of our harvester
- Harvesting of additional types of fruits: citrus, avocado, mango, etc.
A fully live demonstration of this product will be shown at held daily at Fruit Logistica on April 5-7.
For more information:
Darwin: on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram search for Darwin Harvesting Group or visit our website at www.darwinwcdi.com
Tevel: on LinkedIn search for Tevel Aerobotics Technologies or visit our website at www.tevel-tech.com
Contact in Darwin: Stefan Scharrer, export manager, at [email protected], or by phone/WhatsApp on 0039 3426625435
Contact in Tevel: Mr. Simone Pollano, GM Europe, at [email protected], or by phone/Whatsapp at 0039 335 273391
In the coming harvesting season, you will be able to see a fully working commercial pilot undergoing field trails in different Italian orchards: you can book with us now to reserve your place to be part of the future. Customer deliveries will start for your harvesting season in 2023.
– Darwin wcdi and Tevel Aerobotics Technologies LTD