May 10, 2023Registration open for Purdue Fruit and Vegetable Field Day
Registration is open for Purdue Fruit and Vegetable Field Day.
The university is inviting fruit and vegetable growers to participate in Purdue Extension’s annual event, which is scheduled for July 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event is scheduled to feature a day of educational sessions and networking. The field day will be at Throckmorton Purdue Agricultural Center’s Meigs Horticulture Research Farm.
Topics will include:
• Black soldier fly composting and specialty crop production
• Collard insect management trial
• High tunnel diversification and biological control
• Plasticulture strawberry research
• Silage tarps for weed management in potatoes
• Soil health and pepper yield
• Sweet corn pest management
• Unmanned aerial vehicle demonstration
• Watermelon weed management
Meigs Horticulture Research Farm is located at 9101 S. 100 E., West Lafayette, Indiana.
Registration for the event is $25 and includes a boxed lunch from Great Harvest Bread Co.