Apr 10, 2018#RootedinAg contest offered by Syngenta
People who have helped others establish enduring agricultural roots fill our industry. This spring, Syngenta is offering members of the ag community a way to honor those individuals who have ignited their ag passion the most.
The application period is now open for the annual #RootedinAg contest. In exchange for sharing their stories, participants will have a chance to be named one of five finalists, who will each receive mini touch-screen tablets and have their inspirational stories featured on the Syngenta Thrive website. From those finalists, one grand prizewinner will receive a $500 gift card and have their story published in Thrive magazine, plus Syngenta will make a $1,000 donation in the winner’s name to a local charity or civic organization.
“At Syngenta, we’re proud to trace our agricultural roots back decades,” said Wendell Calhoun, communications manager at Syngenta. “Through the #RootedinAg contest, we want to help ag professionals tell the stories of their roots and the people who shaped them.”
To participate, interested candidates should:
- Click on the easy-to-use online entry form.
- In about 200 words, describe who most inspired them to be #RootedinAg.
- When prompted, upload a photograph or video that visually supports their written entry.
- The deadline for entering is June 30, 2018. Shortly after this date, a panel of judges will choose five finalists based on the quality of their essays. Syngenta will then post their entries on the Thrive website and ask visitors to help choose the grand prizewinner by voting for their favorite. These votes, along with the judges’ scores, will determine the winner. Online voting ends Sept. 15, 2018, and Syngenta will announce the grand prizewinner in October.
- 2018 marks the fifth consecutive year Syngenta has sponsored an essay contest for its Thrive readers. To apply, learn more or see previous contest winners, go to www.SyngentaThrive.com. Join the conversation online – connect with us at Syngenta-us.com/social.