Jul 11, 2022Purdue sets Fruit, Vegetable and Hemp Field Day
Purdue specialists invite small- and large-operation farmers and growers to attend the Purdue Fruit, Vegetable and Hemp Field Day.
The event is from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern July 21 at the Meigs Purdue Ag Center, Lafayette, Indiana.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., and lunch will be provided.
“Purdue researchers, Extension specialists and graduate students will discuss and showcase their current research at the field day,” Petrus Langenhoven, Purdue horticulture and hydroponic crop specialist, said in a news release. “Research in action always presents a great opportunity for hands-on learning, and there will be ample opportunities for growers to network and exchange information.”
Topics to be covered include during the Fruit, Vegetable and Hemp Field Day:
- Apple disease management and IR-4 trial results.
- Cold-hardy grape varieties for Indiana.
- Insect management on leafy greens, sweet corn and high-tunnel cucumbers.
- Management of dwarf apple trees.
- Planting vegetables into cover crops.
- Two-system approach to vegetable farming.
- Vegetable weed management research.
The Meigs Purdue Ag Center is at 9101 S. 100 E., Lafayette, Ind. Sign up to attend at https://tinyurl.com/ypfubpkp.